View Single Post
Old Oct 28th, 2021, 10:23   #12
Woodworkprojects

Haven't logged in to this forum for some time: have found that the US forum at XC40Forum.com has a lot more traffic than this site, although the cars there have different spec.
I've had my P8 First Edition since May and like some bits such as the sat nav and the acceleration but have quite a few issues with the car as a whole. Main points are:
  • Inability to play my own music by USB
  • Shockingly poor operating system, not really fit for purpose and certainly does not yet do a lot of the things promised at launch
  • I actually find the car a bit small after my Sportage
  • On the subject of the operating system the speed limit display really, really bugs me. Had it in to the dealer after a 1400-mile trip to the Western Isles when displayed limit in the driver display was wrong more often than it was right. Software update has improved things slightly but it still shows phantom 50 and 60 mph limits on dual carriageways and on one local 60 mph road shows 70. (A45/A6/A14 area Northamptonshire)
  • Have also discovered that the bodywork between the tailgate and bumper is plastic, and easily damaged when loading and unloading heavy suitcases.
Having said all that I do enjoy driving the car but am glad I leased it as I will replace it after 3 years with something with longer range: my real-world range on motorways is a fraction over 200 miles (and would be less if it was not for the 50 mph limits seemingly everywhere!). Also not keen on Volvo's announced switch to "vegan leather" (another way of saying plastic?).
Woodworkprojects is offline   Reply With Quote