View Single Post
Old Oct 25th, 2021, 12:17   #11
Oop north

The garage clearly wasn’t expecting us when we got there for the test drive. Saw another couple drive away in the Bev xc40 while they had to clean a phev for us to try. Bit miffed the salesman blamed me for booking the wrong version. Well, the email from Volvo says I booked the full electric version actually…

Anyway - after more digging, searching press releases and EV websites, the 4wd 400bhp is not available in the xc40, it’s in the c40 now - the coupe version. The xc40 has 230bhp and front wheel drive only. While I would much rather play with 400bhp, and having a total of 850bhp between this and the xc90 phev I am probably getting (giving a combined 14x the bhp in the children’s car), we actually found the electric motor in the phev xc40 perfectly adequate for general driving. And it will be quite a bit nippier than my wife’s freelander. We could get the coupe one but can’t look at one in the metal until after we have to order so not sure we want to take the risk

The driving position works for my wife’s back which is the important thing and we found it to be quieter and with a better ride than my ipace, which was a very pleasant surprise. Am hoping the full EV version will ride no worse than phev…
Oop north is offline   Reply With Quote