View Single Post
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 17:51   #4
142 Guy
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burdekin View Post
These are what I have fitted to my new wipers. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390648791994
How do those blades work? They look very similar to the ANCO Vintage wiper blades that I tried. The ANCO vintage stainless blades were only available in 15" with the bayonet style mount. They looked good; but, they were absolute merde when it came to actually wiping water off of the glass. I don't know whether it was because the springs in the blade were too stiff; but, the wiper blade, particularly the passenger side, would ride completely off the glass in the center of the blade.

The point where the bayonet fitting attaches to the arm looks 'minimal' on those blades. Do you get any rocking of the wiper blade as it goes through its motion? I think it is because the wiper arms on the 140 sit so high off the glass they generate a lot of twist on the blade as it goes through its motion. Twice I have had the plastic bayonet adapters on the one size fits all black wiper blades crack and pop out of the blade during use.
142 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote