View Single Post
Old Aug 13th, 2020, 23:28   #7
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdvol View Post
I am begin to wonder if there is a private market anymore in car sales?

A lovely low mileage Volvo v70 in immaculate condition with full service history and a extras and accessories is not getting much attention.

My options are leave it go to a dealer to make a fortune or keep it. I was only selling as thinking of upgrading but if it doesn’t sell then maybe the decision is made..

Thanks to all those that have looked at it.
Beautiful car & I really do hope you find a buyer.

Not to sound rude though, but the UK is in recession & in the midst of a pandemic. Maybe its not the best time? £11,500 isn't exactly pocket change either. Yes, its very reasonably priced & I'm sure its probably worth every penny, but at the same time, its a lot of money for a potential buyer to spend at once. Now I've said that, you're probably thinking that there's plenty going into dealerships buying brand new motors & there may well be, but they'll be financed to the roof or leased more than likely & not bought outright like your car would need to be (Cash sale, or BACS transfer for the full amount)... There's a big difference.

I'd hold onto it for a while longer personally & advertise it again for sale at a time when things are more stable shall we say... everything is up the wall at the moment. Trading it in would be a last resort, unless your mind is totally set on a newer vehicle & you just want rid of it ASAP. Alternatively, keep it up for sale, but I'd be inclined to say not to be disheartened if you're waiting for a while for someone to come along with a view to purchasing under the current circumstances.

Again, I'm not trying to be rude in any way, I'm just offering my opinion.

Last edited by Kev0607; Aug 13th, 2020 at 23:46.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote