View Single Post
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 16:46   #2
capt jack
VOC Member

You don't need a press, and chances are a second hand mount will in any event be equally worn out.

If you want it to be fairly easy to do then get a poly bush one. About £25 or less from loads of different sources. It might work fine, or it might prove to be just a bit more 'buzzy' at idle than you'd like.

On our V70 one of these was perfect, but on our S70 it was not so smooth at idle.

You can get an OEM-style bush from Meyle again from various different on-line and local suppliers. The cost again I think is about £25.

I fitted one to our S70 without a press. I found that a little careful attention was needed to the bush itself to slim it down a bit - grinding a few thou' off the outer casing, but it wasn't difficult, it is a very snug fit, and it's been on the car now for years with absolutely no bother.

If I had to do the job again I'd go Meyle and get my little bench grinder cranked up.

I think removing the whole mount assembly would be no less tricky - and you'd still have an old mount!

You could fashion yourself a bit of a home-made nut-and-bolt press, but again, it's not at all difficult to do.

Cheers

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to capt jack For This Useful Post: