View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2021, 12:56   #23
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two340'sman View Post
Although the valve seems to be operating OK now, I think I had problems with it many years ago.

I also thought of a blocked jet, already tried your suggestion.

Never taken a jet out of a Webber before. Hope I don't have to.

As you say, I'll pursue the condensation thing. Not had my travel out in the car today.
Are you sure yours is a Weber? Fairly sure they were all Solex and/or Pierburg-Solex on the 340, especially with the anti-diesel valve.

If it is a Weber, it's fairly simple to remove the idle jets (they screw into the side of the carb at the top of the venturi usually) but the main and air correction jets will need the top half of the carb body lifted off and a new gasket (preferably) fitted.

The main jets are normally accessed from within the float chamber and are at ~45deg angle from vertical at the bottom of the float chamber adjacent to the venturi they serve. The air correction jets sit in a drilling that connects via the emulsion tubes with the main jets which also draws the fuel up and into the "spray bar" (can't remember the correct name for these, Auxiliary Venturi i think but could be wrong) that sits in the actual venturi.

All fairly simple and easy as long as you're methodical on a Weber. Solex are a French manufacturer so expect some Gallic influence but usually a similar construction, might find the jets aren't removable and are cast in the housing though.

Hopefully it's my first suspect of condensation, especially as you've already tried the jet clearing trick.

https://www.carb.parts/pdf/Exploded_...4_DMTL_USD.pdf

That link is useful as it shows the exploded view giving a good idea where everything is.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: