Thread: C30 General : - C30 shopping
View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2021, 18:37   #8
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos01 View Post
Hmmmm quite nice! it is an R-Design. I quite like the darker front grille that the previous owner has done, and the interior looks like a custom job too: at least the seat material won't crack! Not 100% on the choice of colour for the interior but it's OK. The angle of the Polestar badge on the wing kills me: I'd take it off even if it was aligned properly. It's got Ford Focus ST 320mm front brakes which are a nice upgrade (some other bigger Volvo's would have had those as standard too). I'm surprised he's kept those wheels if he'd modded it to that extent. As for the exhaust Akrapovic is expensive but it might just be the tips perhaps. Maybe a mix of some of the original and some of the other one might make a nice compromise for sound. I changed mine from the cat back and loved the sound. As for Bilsteins, I don't think I've ever heard of Volvo using that brand.
ok, sounds like it is a bit of a bits'o but i can live with that as it sounds like most of them are positive additions

the interior was definitely done by the last owner (or his friend - the guy had a detailing company and lots of industry contacts) as the Spanish sun had taken its toll on the original upholstery - i have read that Volvo OEM leather can be a bit fragile. Its very good quality skin and looks to be pretty well done, but i agree with you - the "filled nappy" brown is not to my taste. But then again the cream parts of the OEM colour scheme didn't really float my boat either. Allegedly its camel and anthracite popular with the BMW M series crowd.....

the vendor did have immaculate 18" after market rims on it but i opted to take a discount and go with the original 17"s. Outside the current pandemic my recent and hopefully future lifestyle means I relocate by several hundred KMs annually and may spend part of the year with my stuff in storage, so storing and lugging around a full set of spare wheels would be a pain. I figure its always best to have the OEM wheels, and i can pick up some after markets again in future if and when i settle in one location.

its been through 4 owners so can't be sure what was done by whom. There are Do88 pipes in the engine bay but haven't worked out yet if its just pipes and filter or an uprated intercooler as well, i have the OEM airbox, pipes and what looks to be the full exhaust system so I don't know what is underneath. I suspect you may be right that is just Akropovic tips, but who knows on what. I'll get under there sooner or later and check it out and see what may go together

If i had bought a more standard older/higher mileage model i would have looked at adding drilled/dimpled EBC brakes and possibly Bilstein coilovers if the originals were showing their age, so the ST disks are great as an alternative, and the shocks seem fine on what i have driven so far. Again, they can always be a future enhancement.

Polestar sticker is level so it may have been the camera angle. It did strike me as odd that they were on there when the rest of it has been debadged, but who knows.

I tend to sweat my assets - last cars i owned in the UK I had for 7 and 12 years respectively, and even then i was forced to change as my Honda CRX got stolen. So I expect the C30 will be my last ICE car. Besides, I can't think of anything newer that is still vaguely practical for picking friends and luggage up at the airport that is as good looking or as quick. may as well make the most of it :-)
tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tanuki For This Useful Post: