Thread: C30 General : - C30 shopping
View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2021, 09:21   #7
Markos01

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuki View Post
So i bought the car i went to see on Sunday. Now i just have to work out exactly what it is
  • There are no badges or trim that says anything about R-design
  • There are bilstein branded dampers that the seller said were factory
  • There are larger drilled disks and yellow painted callipers at the front
  • There is an after market intake and exhaust. The tailpipes say Acropovic and it turns out to be a whole system not just the back box, but looking on line i can't see that they make a system for Volvo
  • There are Polestar stickers on the front wings but the vendor didnt give me any service/purchase history to indicate they mean anything

whatever it is, i drives nicely, picks up pretty well and is loud - i''ll keep it like that for a few weeks but i suspect i'll out the OEM bits back on before i have to do any serious miles as the noise will get a bit wearying on the motorways

can't upload any pics due to a missing security token or something
Hmmmm quite nice! it is an R-Design. I quite like the darker front grille that the previous owner has done, and the interior looks like a custom job too: at least the seat material won't crack! Not 100% on the choice of colour for the interior but it's OK. The angle of the Polestar badge on the wing kills me: I'd take it off even if it was aligned properly. It's got Ford Focus ST 320mm front brakes which are a nice upgrade (some other bigger Volvo's would have had those as standard too). I'm surprised he's kept those wheels if he'd modded it to that extent. As for the exhaust Akrapovic is expensive but it might just be the tips perhaps. Maybe a mix of some of the original and some of the other one might make a nice compromise for sound. I changed mine from the cat back and loved the sound. As for Bilsteins, I don't think I've ever heard of Volvo using that brand.