View Single Post
Old Aug 20th, 2018, 21:28   #8
TomSaintJames

Stegreg- we've thought about that, perhaps more of a pop up style but tbh i dont think we need to stand up in it, and with all that glass I'd worry about structural integrity.

Keith - i see you're from High Ham, not the High Ham around Langport/Somerton area? I went out with a girl there a few years back, longest relationship I ever had with a girl. Married now though to a man, so his and hearse, although humorous might not go down so well!

Dave - ive just watched the episode of interior spaces, wow! That is a lot of work gone into that granada/scorpio based hearse camper, and 30k too so the chap says. I don't think we're going quite that fancy just yet, i envisage something a little more minimalist. Not sure about the coffin kitchen either!

Today's update, I cleaned out the PCV system that I could find in the failing light, which was a small round concave filter (flame trap?) and the three associated pipes, they weren't blocked at all, but were quite dirty, at lest they are clean now, id like to say it runs a little smoother but that could be wishful thinking! It was very difficult to see, but im not sure that the piece of plastic that houses the filter was actually attached to the engine, i had to feel for it under the inlet manifold but it didn't feel attached to anything.

Ive ordered some parts for the pre MOT sort out:

Full exhaust system with fittings (quoted 600 for longlife job but cant afford that just now, so went for an ebay cheap job for the intermediary)
Distributor cap and rotor arm
HT leads
Rocker gasket

We'll see how fitting the cheap exhaust goes at the weekend , but it really does need doing as its getting quite noisy now, all going well I'll book the MOT for the last week of August as it expires whilst we're on holiday on 8th September.

Until next time,
Tom
TomSaintJames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomSaintJames For This Useful Post: