View Single Post
Old Aug 19th, 2018, 16:31   #2
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Great plans there Tom! No point wasting time investigating the fuel gauge, they all do that sooner or later on the VDO instruments and even the Yazaki instruments as well (note the two aren't interchangeable!) and this is how i got round it :

Alternatively find another instrument cluster with a working fuel gauge which is what i had to do as the odometer had packed up at 182785 miles!

If it's going to be a "keeper" and it sounds like it is, i'd suggest getting a stainless exhaust made, it looks like you've got the standard B200E exhaust on there with an extension in there so you could potentially get the various bits fairly cheaply but it's the extension that will be the problem. Don't forget, when you have the stainless system made, you can have it made to sound how you want.

The dash warning light also serves as the handbrake warning light so it could simply be the handbrake lever isn't going low enough to put the light out. Easy enough to remove the trim round the handbrake and check that.

As for replacing the instrument bulbs, are you going for standard bulbs or LEDs?

You definitely need to clean out your PCV/breather system, the evidence is all over the top of the rocker cover, coming from the filler cap neck!

Just noticed you've got the K-Jetronic injection on there, makes life easier in a lot of ways!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: