View Single Post
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 01:46   #11
mhon72
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues60 View Post
Sorry, never saw your query. I'm not sure they are standard but EVERY SE model I have seen in the flesh or in adverts (Ebay, Autotrader, Ex & M) have had the Prologic system so I guess they do???
There is apparently a "Premium" system that has more powerful amps and a couple of extra speakers but I don't know how to check for this. Anyone?
All UK SEs came with the High Performance system consisting of a 200W external Amp under the passenger seat, 9 speakers (2 in each front door, 1 in each rear door, 2 in the parcel shelf and a single 25W speaker in the dash for the Dolby Pro-Logic.)
The Premium (or Audio Max) system was and still is a £250 factory option consisting of a 300W Amp and 13 upgraded speakers (3 in each front door, 1 in each rear door, 4 in the parcel shelf and single dashspeaker.)
The only physical way to check without dismantling the car is to get a small torch and to shine a light into the medium speaker grille in the front doors. If you can see a small speaker driver (a mid-range) then you have the 13-speaker Premium system. You can also check the rear parcel shelf for the extra 2 speakers.
You can also check with Volvo UK or a dealer as they'll have details of the various options fitted to each car by the factory.