View Single Post
Old Jun 22nd, 2020, 21:02   #11
ilmiont
VOC Member

Went out 35 miles tonight. Got "ANTI-SKID TEMPORARILY OFF" again upon starting - it quickly went away and I didn't see "ANTI-SKID SERVICE REQUIRED" at all.

Plugged it into VIDA again when I got back, which confirmed the code wasn't seen during the operating cycle (I haven't cleared them out yet from the other day).

Monitored the steering angle sensor readout again and today it seems to be working flawlessly, reporting the correct angle however I turn it.

Car has been parked in the sun all day, and it was most of yesterday, and it's now completely dry outside.

Obviously, I need to repeat this a few more times yet... it's meant to be hot and sunny all week though, it seems, so it will be interesting to see whether it comes up again.

Maybe this is rain related after all.

In which case... what could be getting wet and causing a brand new steering angle sensor to apparently report bad values? Could a leak onto the CEM cause that without any other electrical symptoms?

Might be getting ahead of myself though; I'll be driving regularly this week I think so we'll see if hot weather is indeed a cure... then hopefully rain at the weekend and see if it comes back.