Thread: Sat Nav/Phone: - MY07 Navigation/RTI System?
View Single Post
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 00:24   #12
perussell

How interesting! My loathing of the old system (DVD) is well known in this forum from a couple of years ago. I had thought that the new "Hard drive" option was in response to the dozens of complaints that Volvo received about the poor routing. (No complaints about the functionality, just the routing doesn't seem to recognise the existance of anything other than M-ways on long journeys)
I have given up with the OEM fit unit now and purchased a mobile Garmin Nuvi 310D with traffic module - doesn't have the same functionality, much smaller but portable but this system actually gives me some decent routes and recognises when I have intentionally strayed from the suggested route and recalculates quickly instead of constantly trying to send me back to the old route.

I just ordered my next car for later this year - and no it's not a Volvo this time, too many problems but I didn't bother speccing the optional SatNav - I will stick with the Nuvi.

My XC90 was delivered with the non-RTI DVDs though I did purchase the 2005 upgrade when the TMC software was added. If anybody wants to make me an offer for this 3 disc (all of Europe) set I am willing to listen but please note - this is the 2005 TMC activated issue so it won't be the very latest mapping but I guess it will be 98% accurate since we haven't built that many roads in recent years in the UK!! Note also that this will only work in DVD systems and not in units using CDs.
perussell is offline   Reply With Quote