Thread: V70: General - Wet interior - Tailgate panel
View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2022, 01:41   #23
PatchyFog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter86 View Post
There is a known problem with water getting in around the boot hinges where it collects, more so when parked on a slope. I have had a small stain on the roof lining and water run down the interior plastic behind the lights. This could be your problem.

I have attached a picture of a quick cheap fix with some D shape rubber seal. I ran it right down the sides to make sure water is kept away as much as possible plus I had plenty of seal to use. I did try it just across the top but water got in round the edges.

Just make sure the pain it cleaned of any dirt, dry, stick the seal down as flat as possible and in one whole length.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Thanks for this solution, hopefully it resolves my issue as the current water feature on rainy days is not in my list of optional extras.

@Peter86 Did you have any issues with the electric tailgate failing to close? It's obviously reading the new seal as interference and reopening each time. Possibly once the seal had been compressed by the tailgate for a while this issue will resolve itself as going to a smaller seal would seem to defeat the purpose.

Craig
PatchyFog is offline   Reply With Quote