Thread: V70: General - Wet interior - Tailgate panel
View Single Post
Old Nov 5th, 2019, 12:07   #21
Topper

Default Oh No !!! .. Again ?

Sorry to hear that ... it's a problem that is very misleading ... you think it's cured and then after severe rain it happens again ...mine re-occurred some days after my last post on the forum ...
....went back to "my" windscreen fitters and they had to bite the bullet ..!! ... refit the whole rear windscreen !! .. it took about 1.5 hours to do and cost about £40.00 ... good price in view of being my 3rd trip there ... since then, no problems.

This is not an an unusual or rare problem apparently ... my friend in Leicester had an identical car to mine, pull up next to his at a petrol station, with whole tailgate wrapped in cling film !! ... when asked, eyebrows were raised and comments of " just can't find the leak" resulted.

If you can find a good reliable ( indy) windscreen fitter, get them to check, with someone in the load area, and a pressure hose on the tailgate, both before removing windscreen, and then after, to ensure seal is good..... best of luck... cost should be under £100 but ..... price it first also... probably best if you visit their premises rather than employing a mobile fitter.

Topper
Topper is offline   Reply With Quote