Thread: 262 General: - V6 not starting
View Single Post
Old Dec 11th, 2020, 11:11   #6
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
I stripped the fuel distributor and replaced the internal parts and now have good flow out of the fuel distributor and down to the injector connections. A few injectors let fuel through but the rest don't, I have swapped the injectors over with the one that worked to eliminate the line blockage. You can't blow through the injectors by blowing into them with you mouth, only using the air compressor with 60+ psi to get them to work, some wont even work with more pressure from the compressor. The injectors might be passed it?
They might be but so far what you've said doesn't put me off thinking that with some ATF in with the petrol they may just get clean enough to start flowing again. As you've already done more work than i thought, just adding the ATF to the tank would be all that's needed. However if you add the meths and ATF to a litre or 2 of fuel to mix it it will go in easier.

The in-tank pump is about 20psi but something like 80-100 galls/hour flow, the main pressure pump (sounds like you've located it) is lower flow but depending on the exact pump fitted will be in the region of 60-90psi. As you appear to have plenty of flow but very little pressure (compared to what the injectors need) the hammer trick on that underbody pump combined with the ATF might just get it running better. It's almost free so worth a try especially as ultrasonic injector cleaning is about £15 (+VAT usually) per injector :

https://www.emeraldm3d.com/emerald-s...ditioning.html

Not sure if they do K-Jet injectors, just electronic ones so i'd suggest a phone call to check before sending them off.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: