View Single Post
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 22:57   #18
met24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSpeedmaster View Post
But without dynamic / polestar mode being available will I actually see any improvement in the car in the standard / comfort mode I'm stuck with?
I hope it wasn't just perception and wanting to feel that I'd got value for money, but I'm pretty sure that the midrange on my T5 is better in Comfort mode.

Quote:
If I thought it would improve the sluggish gearbox, widen the power band and send more power to the rear wheels I would seriously consider it.
Ah yes, on the D5 I remember reading it did bias more torque to the back.

I can't say I noticed a massive difference in the gearbox behaviour, mind you coming from a car with paddle shifters I'd already mentally made that switch to "just let the car deal with it unless you really need to override it".

Ironically if you look at the numbers for the T5 you'd be forgiven for thinking that it narrows the maximum torque band, but I suspect (in the absence of a power/torque graph) that the original maximum torque is still there but they've got a bit more out in the centre.

Quote:
But I need to be sure it actually improves the car without being able to switch into the dynamic drive mode before I take the plung as the upgrade is €740 + 21% VAT + labour
Wait until your dealer is doing a deal -- I bought mine at about half price, and over here they generally offer a 14 day trial on it.