Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old Jun 25th, 2023, 12:05   #5256
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Now that would make a nice project for someone. It could qualify as an historic vehicle (and so be tax free) straight away, but it has not been registered as such yet, so the seller probably doesn't know about that.

The electrical problem would not take long to fix, and I think Dave is right that the flat paint would respond well to being cut and polished; the brightwork would probably come up okay as well and the wheels need a repaint (but they are steel, so easy to do oneself). It could be made nice for a grand in repairs and recommissioning (but I disagree with the seller that it is a potential show winner; well, anything could be a potential show winner if it had enough money spent on it, but it wouldn't be worth investing so much in this cooking apple).

I'd say it would be a good buy at £2,000 to £3,000 then worth 5 grand with the faults fixed, the recommissioning work done, polished up and with the historic vehicle premium. One wouldn't make a fortune but there might be a grand or so profit if someone was interested in doing the work themselves.

I like this motor car and would probably buy it if I was already settled in Zummrezette.

I'm a little surprised this one hasn't had much interest (the auction ends this eve). So far it had received just one bid at the opening price (£1,750) - maybe that was the seller to get things moving as there is a reserve to be met and so no chance of selling it to him/herself?

Maybe there will be a flurry of bids at the last minute?