Thread: ATS Alloys
View Single Post
Old Dec 17th, 2020, 16:21   #7
142 Guy
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burdekin View Post
Was sent some pics this morning. Hubcaps from 71 to 74 and need centre screw and rubber seal.

Attached a pic of the 262c wheel as well.
Taste is subjective. That said, the chrome hubcap center on the ATS wheel is not working for me. I suspect that the hubcaps (referred to as Baby Moons in North America) may have been a fix for damaged or lost original center caps on the ATS wheels.

If you do find a set of original ATS 5 spoke wheels, be aware that the little chromed plastic center caps will likely have had the crap beaten out of them. The center piece with the chrome Vee on the black background can fall off the actual cap. A low cost fix for that is black stickers with the Vee that you can apply to replace the original center.

https://www.cvi-automotive.se/en/art...-cap-670437-ks

OK as long as you don't look at them from a distance less than about 5 m. The retaining ears on the center caps tend to fracture over time which results in them becoming loose and eventually popping out when you hit a hard bump. A couple of dabs of clear silicone seal can provide a little security for old caps. Reproduction center caps are now available from CVI , VP and I expect others.

Note that if you purchase the reproduction 5 spoke AT'8' wheels, they do not come with a center cap. There is now also a gloss black version of the AT'8' wheel available. Once again, taste being subjective, they don't work for me.

https://www.cvi-automotive.se/en/art...40164240-black

I have attached a picture of my car with the original Volvo ATS wheels - no Moon Caps!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front comp 2.jpg (175.2 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by 142 Guy; Dec 17th, 2020 at 16:46.
142 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 142 Guy For This Useful Post: