View Single Post
Old Oct 20th, 2009, 20:59   #24
amazondean
amazondean

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulWphoto View Post
Amazondean can you post something on the forum which does not include the word 'filler' - and don't cheat! (Isopon or Plastic Padding are not acceptable) - I am sure you will agree with that.

Body filler has its place in the workshop as long as it is not used in conjunction with newspaper.
I suppose i do go on a bit regarding "filler". Unfortunately most classics are totaly bunged up with the stuff, and the amount of cars i have looked at over the years, it is quite discracefull what people try and pass on to the unsuspecting eye. They go from one owner to the next and each one ends up at the body shop for a "knock it in and fill it flick over" and then pass it on. So on and so on. All i'm trying to do is make people realise just how bad it actualy is out there regarding the state of most cars.
I have stripped cars for parts or sold cars on that have portfolios of tens of thousends of pounds spent on them and they are still only a pile of scrap. Just be very carefull!!
amazondean is offline   Reply With Quote