View Single Post
Old Apr 7th, 2024, 21:39   #16
spottedhaggis

Hey all thanks again, so after everything arrived I started. I got a 16l oil pan more than I needed but better safe, removed plug, didn't spill a drop. I used axle stands. Let it drip for about 10 mins. Now I knew there was too much oil in the car, and i drained nearly 7 litres of oil. Removed oil filter, easy, replaced, put new plug and crush washer, couldn't torque it as I got the wrong one, put exactly 5.9l back in, started it up and watched for drips or leaks, none.
Drive it for a week, including a 522 mile round trip in one day, no look leaks evident.

I ordered 2 silicon air charger pipes which arrived today, and this time I used ramps to put the front up, still no leaks so very pleased. Replaced both pieces of charger pipe with new silicone ones, cat is doing well.

Need new undertray at some pijht.

Also repaired the headlight washer which now works, got two replacement washer things (you know the y pop up and spray) from AliExpress for about £16 the pair, b and new white caps for another 8 lol, some stuff on as AliExpress is perfect and very cheap, some stuff is very cheap and crap.

Now just undertray to replace and at some stage a new front bumper to get resprayed as mine is rubbish

Im so chuffed I can service my car myself
spottedhaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spottedhaggis For This Useful Post: