View Single Post
Old Oct 8th, 2023, 22:23   #6
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Another thought; does the starter crank the engine strongly but does not start, in which case, I would suspect the CPS, although sudden complete failure is unlikely in my experience. Or does it not crank at all, or only very slowly? If so, that might suggest a failed battery. How old is the battery on your car? Modern batteries can fail very suddenly, my wife once had one die completely on her 740 in the time that it took for her to dispense and pay for her fuel - 10 minutes max.

If you had 15 litres remaining, it is highly unlikely that you have sucked anything up from the bottom of your own tank, so that is something else ruled out.

While it is generally OK, supermarket fuel can sometimes be problematic. Chances are that it is OK, but wherever possible I always buy branded fuel, even though it costs a little more. One way to check is to look at Facebook or similar social media to see if others in the area have experienced problems.

You are of course quite right that fuel related problems normally arise after a couple of hundred metres or so, I was just thinking out loud given that you had already eliminated the more obvious possibilities.

Whatever it is, I'm sure that you will get to the bottom of it. Good luck - I'm sure Volvomax will be able to help you out given the circumstances.

Regards, John.