View Single Post
Old Feb 19th, 2024, 07:15   #1
Solovolvo

Default 1.6 diesel strange injector issue

Hi guys

My car is a 2014 Volvo V40 D2 1.6 Powershift.

It had the engine management light on and also the esc light I think it was. It ran very lumpy, misfiring etc. it was undriveable. Anyway I plugged my Autocom diagnostic reader and it gave a code related to cylinder 4 injector. After googling and reading this forum it pointed to an injector problem.

I purchased a reconditioned injector and installed it. Instantly the car was back to normal. No issues whatsoever and the esc light and EML was cleared.

I tried coding the injector but kept failing. Anyway I took the car for a 15 mile drive and it ran without issue. No misfire no hesitation, ran like normal.

When I got home. Here is when the issue began. I had another crack at programming the injector and this time was successful. I left the car after this and never drove it.

Few hours later I get in the car, started it up and it stalled. The engine was knocking and misfiring. Not as bad as before but it ran rough.

I checked around the injector area but could not see anything wrong. Took it for another long drive but it remained the same.

So injector replaced and it ran fine. However after programming it started missing and misfiring etc

What could be the issue?

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks
Solovolvo is offline   Reply With Quote