View Single Post
Old Nov 26th, 2021, 10:17   #10
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_alkan View Post
appreciate all the comments all.

I dont wanna sell it but I'm now doin 300+ miles a week and my local LPG man refuses to convert it as its the wrong type of fuel injectors or fuel something.

nb. re: £1500 comment, you're right - I'll take a loss to P\X no doubt to some random garage who will then give it to a breakers. One less on the road!

Steven
I suspect what your local LPG bloke means is there is no OBD-II socket to plug the LPG into so it means a bit of setting up. The injectors on it are nothing special, standard Bosch EV-1 type without a ballast resistor. Also not having a Lambda sensor means there is no mixture feedback for the LPG ECU to use. Both problems have solutions.

If i was further down the line with my LPG conversion i'd add photos but i've created injector adaptors that lift the fuel rails and sit between the original injectors and manifold so no worries about disturbing the inlet manifold gaskets and no drilling of the inlet manifold.
As for adding the Lambda sensor, again i've created a sleeve (split lengthways and to be held on by heavy duty clips similar to Jubilee clips but bigger) with a Lambda boss welded on, when the time is right i'll drill a hole in one downpipe and fit that with a Lambda sensor.

If you really do want to keep it and convert to LPG, i can let you have details of those bits.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote