View Single Post
Old Jun 17th, 2022, 08:14   #37
Korchoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100K+ View Post
What you need to do in order is get the car read with a DICE/VIDA. This will give you a great insight into what you need to do next. If you don't/cant you are feeling you way in the dark.
The DEM unit has a pressure gauge (small) and a control module (large) inside. The pressure gauge sometimes go faulty. If so VIDA/DICE will tell you.
VIDA DICE will also give you live pressure value data - might prove* the sensor works/don't work. see caviat.
Disconnect the pump lead and check the pump works with a 12volt battery- you will hear it running - If you need to change the pump you need to remove the prop shaft ( and 90% the exhaust too). The DEM controller suffers from water ingress damage, and sometimes gives " false" reading to the DEM
* due to DEM damage no pressure is shown on VIDA DICE which claims a pressure valve issue, when the PV is actually ok.- that caught me.
You can get your DEM unit checked out. I tried on company in Kent, who said the unit was fine, and then spent months trying to fix the AWD, when the DEM was infact faulty. Lukas, sorted me a referbed unit which is working great - no DTC'S and lots of AWD.

If you want to ask any questions just ask
Cheers

Bob.

I have my XC70 with similar codes showing booked into auto fix in North Shields, only recently bought the car so am looking forward to having it all fettled. Does limp mode when it fancies and the awd fault. Apart from that the car is lovely
Korchoi is offline   Reply With Quote