View Single Post
Old Jan 8th, 2023, 10:38   #11
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100K+ View Post
On recommendation bought a Energenie ENER007 Appliance Power Meter.

Car arrived home with Nil electic mileage range, (petrol engine running for last 10 minutes to get home), so happy battery "empty" as makes no realistic difference.

Charge amount shown this AM as 17.16Kw. My electric cost 32/p Kw = £ 5.32 for 40 "range miles"*

* what the car now claims is the current electric only range.

Current Petrol 95Ron** @ £ 1.48/litre = £ 6.72/gallon

** Don't know what 98Ron costs

So there you have it, you save £ 1.26/gallon, and on 12,000 mile a year that 300 Gallons @ 40MPG saves you ....less than £400/yr, or £ 1134 over 3 yrs

Else where I have a thread about MPG with only petrol engine in "save" and "charge" modes, and I get approx 40MPG @ 60mph on A1M type roads.

Shame the car cost me >£5k more to buy than a non- hybrid..

Cheers
Bob
Thanks Bob yours is the first time I've seen anyone really break it down properly, obviously there are those that have a leccy tariff that reduces that if you can actually charge the car fully in that window the hybrids you can but a full leccy car is going to struggle cos they gotcha again where a household charger box can't atm supply fast enough to fully charge a car that can charge 250 miles worth of range meaning you have to suck up £1 per kwh and twiddle thumbs while it doing so at an outside venue.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote