View Single Post
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 20:01   #1
Eddie1962

Default Built in telephone

Hi everyone. I have recently purchased a 2001 S80. It has a built in dashboard phone which has a simcard holder underneath the keys. It's really bugging me as i can't get it to work. I have put my tmobile sim in and whilst it recognises that a sim has been placed in it wont work.The phone searches available networks and shows about 4...but when i choose one it gets stuck saying" please wait".I went to the carphone warehouse where a very helpfull guy came out armed with a sim card for all the networks...O2..Vodaphone...Orange etc....and he tried every one and nothing. I have read on a forum somewhere else on the internet that it will only work with a sim1 card which are pre 2003....is this true? Any one know of a remedy? I know Volvo could probably sort it ....but that a last resort as of the cost. Any help greatfully recieved. Also..someone else has had a look for me and claims there is no ariel as the meter in the dash is showing no signal.....but I have also been told they are built in ariels.Any help greatfully recieved. Many thanks Eddie Robinson
Eddie1962 is offline   Reply With Quote