View Single Post
Old Dec 15th, 2019, 13:44   #13
AlainBrighton
A stranger from abroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 View Post
I have two sets of wheels and tyres so change them over when the weather changes, but here in Scotland 7°C (the temperature Winter tyres are of benefit) and lower temperatures last a long time so the Vredesteins are on from late October until April.

Not a professional photographer, if I was I wouldn't find it so difficult to make the XC90 look blue in my pictures. I like to take time to compose my pictures, move the clutter out the way and try to only have in the image what is important. Not always possible but a little time and effort hopefully pays off

A few of my efforts to try and capture the colour (mostly unsuccessfully)

This captures the colour perfectly on the bonnet edge

Would never say for definite if the car was blue in these pictures

Yes the same car and that looks very black...

There is a lot of sparkle in the paint which causes the light to reflect in different ways making it difficult to take a good photo

It looks purplish blue in the light and not being a professional photographer you have done an amazing job taking these pictures ! Blue in the light, black in the dark, sounds excellent to me ! Dark interior for you ?

As for the tyres: just came across this test (Autobild is the German sister magazine of Auto Express I believe, read the test in German but this is a link to the English version:
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article...-Tyre-Test.htm
Bridgestone Allweather control A005 does pretty well too although the testers did not share our experience with Aquaplaning but this might be a newer version of the Michelin CC SUV than the one you had, I had the CC 1st generation.

My issue with the Vredestein is that they have not been rated as a winter legal tyre in Germany and Switzerland which is where I will do between 10-20% of my driving :-(

Have to research this any further.

You must get a good mpg out of a 185bhp manual D5, do you not ? My first check at the pump was 44 liters out of 316.0 mls, averaging 32mpg ......

Find me on Instagram as SussexChineseDutch
AlainBrighton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AlainBrighton For This Useful Post: