View Single Post
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 18:17   #31
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiloran View Post
I've spent a couple of hours reading up on the P1 platform cars, and whilst forums of course are only full of problems all the electronic problems are very familiar from my brief V70 ownership. With the Volvo broken I borrowed a family member's Golf Plus ('05) for our holiday. 2.0 FSI petrol, completely dead to drive, awful handling, electronic faults galore, drank fuel almost as quickly as the 940.
Do you actually need an estate? Would a saloon or hatchback fill your needs? What about a MPV with a bit of character if you need something bigger?

Throwaway questions perhaps but given you seem to like your 94 and it looks like it's come to the end of its time with you, my guess is you're either looking for another 940 or something with a similar character and reliability (not including recent events of course!).

If so i can make a few suggestions of pre-2000 cars that would do what you need/want and not feel like an anaesthetised bratwurst to drive!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote