View Single Post
Old Jul 16th, 2021, 14:22   #204
Two340'sman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Those two Fords both used the Weber 32/36 DGAV carb, the only Capri with fuel injection was the Capri 2.8i using K-Jetronic injection. Even the Sierra (launched in 1982) took a while to gain fuel injection, if memory serves the first was the 2.0 GLSi and 2.0 Ghia i in about 1989/90 with the obvious exception of the XR4i that used the Capri 2.8i drivetrain.

I'm not including the Sierra RS Cosworth, that had EFi but wasn't really a mainstream model for most people.

I seem to recall seeing a messagea few months back when Bionic Beaver did an update that support would end in a couple of years. However i first started using LInux on the previous incarnation so i've already updated once to Bionic Beaver from whatever it was before - think it was the Yakkety Yak version but can't be sure.
Yes, got me thinking, looked at pics of Capris and Cortinas and they seemed to have carbs. Think auto choke though, perhaps this made me think it was injection. Never liked Cortinas, but this late one they had put a lot of stuff right, even the handling was not bad. The door locks were not up to much. Was in Brent X car park, did shopping and came out to car opened door and thought someone had stolen some of my belongings, was not my car I entered, was a similar red Cortina 2.0 GL. Quickly locked door and went over to mine!

Put a friend on Mint about 6 years ago and it has been pretty well trouble free. Just updated his PC to latest version as support for his ran out a while back.

Last edited by Two340'sman; Jul 16th, 2021 at 14:25.
Two340'sman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Two340'sman For This Useful Post: