View Single Post
Old Jul 17th, 2022, 12:21   #13
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookyb329 View Post
No, the variation is just normal dipped, and then the dipped dropping down so it only illuminates about 5 metres in front of the car, and then twitching up and down a few times and then returning to level dipped beam.

I don't understand how the sensor arm can be in contact with the droplink as when the suspension is compressed, the linkage is binding. And if the arm was bent, surely it would then be shorter so less chance of contact!

Mind boggled but your help has saved me from changing the orientation of the arm I'll jack it up in a bit to see if the arm drops from its 10PM position to the 8PM position in the youtube image

Ah, if you have Xenon gas bulbs that might be the problem if the bulb is dying, if you have LED or H7's disregard, if you do have the gas bulbs it might not be them and the system is so complex with discharge packs etc it'll need pro help, don't go any further than checking if the bulb fluctuates or not when in use, best test is when it starts doing it again park up and let the car sit running with the lights on, then check if the bulb brightness is fluctuating or changing colour,

The arms not bent you can see it shows no trauma evidence,

If you jack it up you should be able to grasp the rod part and turn it on the ball joint back n forth a few mm's each time, this may help return it to full range of movement if it is a bit cruddy inside the rubber boot, don't mess with the boot or you'll risk damaging it, and it will literally only have a small range of movement in it so don't overdo it.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote