View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2022, 00:00   #29
Tizwoz

Default D6 Plugin hybrid belts change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toprivetguns View Post
Has anyone performed a cambelt + waterpump change themselves?

I'm very hands on and would like to give this a go obviously using the correct tooling. I have VIDA, hence this should give me a good guide. I can only assume its the little tricks of the trade that would obviously hinder the time it takes.

I just did my V60 D6 plugin hybrid cambelt. It was a very time consuming job. Due to the position of the high voltage cables which run between the engine and the wing right in front of the cambelt access is challenging. I changed the water pump in addition to both belts.

The auxiliary belt drives the high voltage starter generator using a standard belt as used on other D5 engines and the timing belt, idlers and tensioner are the same as usual so parts aren't expensive.

VIDA doesn't make clear that it's necessary to remove the auxiliary belt tensioner bolt in order to get enough slack to get the auxilliary belt onto the pulleys.

Being retired taking two days wasn't a problem.

There's scant description of working on electric vehicles as yet on youtube but as things are moving in that direction perhaps they'll arrive before too long.

I changed the belts due to the ten year age rather than mileage. The engine has done 80,000 miles whereas the car has done 106,000. This no doubt explains the good fuel economy also.

Last edited by Tizwoz; May 7th, 2022 at 00:04.
Tizwoz is offline   Reply With Quote