Thread: C30 Electrics : - Installing some USB ports
View Single Post
Old Feb 16th, 2024, 12:53   #6
MGB204

Thanks again for the tip IainG, I bought some spade connectors and have created a sort of extension cable for the Aux power, which I can then tap into without messing with the original wiring. I have everything together and even tested it successfully, but then ran into a problem before I could properly route the new wiring.

I can't get the black facia for the stereo/display to come off, I got the right side (LHD car) out, but after 30 further minutes of prying, the left side doesn't move. I am convinced if I apply any more force I'm going to break the facia. I watched some tutorials on this and some say pry from the top, others from the sides? Perhaps I should use a better tool, can anyone advise on either?

Failing that, if I have to use brute force, is it going to be expensive to source another facia when I inevitably break it?

I think it would be possible to get the wires in without removing the waterfall, although it will make it much trickier. Plus it has to come out at some point, for example I still need to fix the CD/Disk drive's eject function.
MGB204 is offline   Reply With Quote