View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2022, 23:07   #11
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordmungr View Post
Hi everyone. Not sure if I am posting this correctly. I ordered a Volvo V60 MY22 in December 2021. I felt I was being pressured by the dealership to purchase one of their floor models but I wanted to order one with the specifications I desired. So the order was sent through with some money down. They said it would take 3 months to arrive. I got notified that it had arrived mid May and started getting everything prepared from an insurance perspective. However, when they sent the specification sheet, it was not the same V60 I ordered. It was a different exterior and interior colour. It had a bunch of extra add-ons that I did not want as they have no value to me. And it excluded some options I had ordered that do have value to me. In addition, the cost was nearly 6K more than the actual one I had ordered. They sent me some vague response that there was some mix-up somewhere along the ordering and assembly chain and that this has never occurred before. I get it. I'm sure things happens. But the options they presented going further seemed quite insulting. They said I could:

1) Take the model that had shown up with 1, 200 dollars off (it would still be more than the one I had ordered and not have certain things I want) even though it's a different colour.
2) Take a similar floor model that is the same colour, doesn't have some of the things I do value, but has a bunch of add-ons I dont care about and is still more expensive. Or..
3) Reorder for MY23 but then I would be paying more because the model specifications are changing and would have to wait another 4 months to get the vehicle.

I don't think any of these options are good enough personally. I am meeting them in person to go over options but wanted to see if anyone had experience with this or advise on what to do next. I am leaning on waiting for MY23 but want to hold them to the price point I was offered on my originally ordered model.

Thanks for any help.
there have been shortages of micro chips for the whole motor industry not just volvo , that is why you cant get the exact car you want , there are options here in UK but in your own country they are likely to be different so cant comment . You have to talk to your salesman who will guide you .