View Single Post
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 16:43   #4
capt jack
VOC Member

Unhappy Price hike

Those two LPG stations on the A14/A1 have always been pretty pricey. Where LPG is sold by BP or by Shell you can always reckon that it will be at the top end of the local price range.

I've previously found that Jet, Morrisons and Asda are usually quite a bit cheaper.

The price of LPG at the Jet station local to my workplace has gone up since Monday this week from 61p per litre to 66.9p per litre.

I'm sure I remember being told that the price of LPG is linked to the price of domestic gas, not the price of petrol. If so then that might explain things. British Gas has of course this week announced an increase in the price of gas.

At the same local garage, diesel is now 124.9p per litre, so yes, LPG is more expensive, but it's still a lot less than diesel or petrol.

Six years ago when I first started using LPG it was around 30 to 32p per litre, with petrol and diesel around 70 to 75p, so I guess that realtively speaking, LPG is a tad more expensive these days.

I guess that the net result is that LPG is a good bet if you're already converted, but that a new conversion has a longer pay-back time.

Jack

Last edited by capt jack; Dec 9th, 2010 at 16:45.
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote