View Single Post
Old Dec 27th, 2022, 08:49   #14
Steve 940
Premier Member

Hi 'Kirtward'

Some great points and suggestions made by fellow forum users, and it really comes down to what you want to achieve I think.

As Othen has pointed out, financially, it may well be a proverbial money pit, but then again, if you 'enjoy' working on the car and improving it, then how does one put a price on that and the 'journey'.

Looking at the photos, she does look a bit tired, so I would perhaps suggest a thorough poke around to establish the state of the bodywork, and what needs doing.

From my year or so on the forum, I think generally mechanical issues can be sorted relatively easily, but rust/bodywork is perhaps far harder perhaps to sort. If you can weld already, or willing to buy the kit and learn on the job, then it could be a viable and enjoyable project.

If after a thorough assessment you still want to go for it, then as others have said already, this forum has a wealth of information to assist.

I'd also second Othen's suggestion to read up on Juular's project thread, also one by Burdekin and whilst it's an Amazon thread, the bodywork done is quite amazing
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=322616

Best of luck with whatever you end up deciding to do.

Cheers
Steve
Steve 940 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post: