Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2021, 14:36   #2546
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Marvellous idea Dave. I'm envisaging something a bit like the Magna Carta - written in a cursive hand by some monks on Lindisfarne.

It has taken the DVLA 6 weeks to produce the machine printed proforma, so perhaps the monks on Lindisfarne would be a bit faster?

:-)
Great minds think alike Alan! That had crossed my mind too but i was also thinking of a parchment like scroll with the modern printing purely for the juxtaposition of old and new.

The copperplate font applied by a good calligraphist (maybe even with illuminated letters at appropriate places) on a sheet of aged looking parchment would look amazing and as a nod to the monks on Lindisfarne, once framed in a nice frame, you could drink a toast of Buckfast Wine to it!

I doubt it would take as long as 6 weeks either! I remember 15 year old me in a maths lesson and my mate sat next to me had scruffy writing and general workings out in his book, for which the teacher admonished him.
"A monk couldn't have writ that in ten years!" was his reply! Never worked out why that has always stayed with me but it was funny at the time.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: