Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2021, 13:54   #2544
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.wigley View Post
Congratulations, Alan. Just reward for the time, effort and dedication that you have put into bringing the RB up to this exalted status in a little over a year!

I've really enjoyed following your progress in this thread, and look forward to reading others on the PV and, possibly, your friend's P1800ES. The only thing now is the aptness of the title, since, far from being new to you, the RB has obviously worked it's way into a permanent place in your heart!

Regards, John.
Thank you John,
When I started this thread the title seemed very apposite - but I take your point. The thread has become a bit like 'The Archers' though, so I can't change the title now!
The P1800ES: my friend says the deposit is paid, the motor car insured and everything agreed - so we will be driving to Stoke to collect it tomorrow (Thursday). Bob will come along for the day out. I'm really excited about this enterprise and I'm looking forward to it becoming an interesting project. I'm hoping my friend (let's call her Janet - that isn't her name but she can introduce herself to the forum if she chooses to) will allow me to post photos and words and the other thread will continue a while.
Alan