View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2021, 11:18   #26
turboboy
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5R92011 View Post
Couple years ago the local Volvo dealer lent me a brand new V40 on a 24 hour 'test drive'.

Id just got the car home and was sat in the drivers seat. I decided I'd go and sit in the back to see what the rear leg room was like compared to my S60. I got out of the front, closed the front door, then opened back door, sat in the back and shut the door behind me. A bit claustrophobic in the rear, but otherwise OK. Opened the rear door, stepped out, closed the door, and to my suprised heard a 'click' as the door automatically locked it's self, and the wing mirrors folded in. No worries, I'll just unlock it with the fob....Reach in my pocket... fob isnt there. I'd left the fob inserted in the slot in the dashboard, with the car still fully switched on (engine not running). Volvo sensus screen and digital dash still fully illuminated, but the car was completely locked.

A trip back to the dealer who begrudingly supplied me with the keyblade from their spare key. From that moment forward, I never leave a key in the ignition unless the drivers window is open.
You only do that once. Been there, done that - after shutting passenger door and walking around car to get in driver side and hearing the sound of the central locking engaging!

Current: 1998 Volvo V70 2.3 T5 Auto.

Previous: 2000 Volvo V40 T4; 1981/2 265 (x2); 1988 740 Turbo Estate.
turboboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turboboy For This Useful Post: