View Single Post
Old Nov 5th, 2021, 12:03   #69
griston64
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Probably about right Mark, not sure if they are even still available though. Maybe from GCP but i doubt they're a stock item.

I'm still not convinced it is the injectors, before the OP disappeared to uni again i was going to suggest adding an egg cup full of synthetic ATF to the tank which would help clean the injectors and revive rubber components in the fuel distributor while lubing the fuel distributor as well. It would also counteract any negative effects from the meths used for removing condensation from the tank. The other thing is, there's a strong chance the car actually just needs to be driven a fair bit. My gut feeling is that the problem is mainly lack of use.
Skandix list them with prices varying from about £50 each up to £96 each ( which could be gen Volvo )

I found an article from a guy with an old Merc that had the same injectors and he cleaned them up himself and fitted new seals ( like a big rubber bung ) and said it made a massive difference. They look pretty basic so I suspect you are right about that not being the main issue
griston64 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to griston64 For This Useful Post: