View Single Post
Old Jul 30th, 2021, 13:55   #1
acousticplayer
acousticplayer

Default Sad story. Can anyone help.

Hi All.The subject is a 2004 2.0 litre V40 sport. I took it in for a service and MOT .It needed 2 new tyres and a rear brake caliper and a couple of minor corrections and the work was all completed. Whilst the car was outside the garage's workshop overnight awaiting collection by my daughter who was using the car at the time, someone stole the catalytic converter and in doing so ruined the entire exhaust system,leaving it a mangled mess. The mechanic owner of the workshop,who is a friend of my daughter has agreed to replace the exhaust and I have offered him a contribution,because his insurance will not cover him. The problem arises with the replacement exhaust.The replacement exhaust bears the same part no.as the original but I am told it doesn't fit,in particular the down pipe is not the same. No explanation is offered by Volvo and the mechanic says he may have found a "rare downpipe" advertised as a volvo part on E-bay but it is £1000 just for the downpipe. Can anyone explain this please?
acousticplayer is offline   Reply With Quote