View Single Post
Old Jan 27th, 2020, 21:32   #27
AlainBrighton
A stranger from abroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissXC90 View Post
I remember when Halogens were the future.

Xenons were the future 10 years ago and now??

Where will LEDs be 10 years from now?

Replaced by lasers?

Honestly, align the lamps properly and they work well, Whether Halogen, Xenon, LED or Laser....
When being over in the Netherlands one of the bulbs died and I set out to have a struggle with the headlights ... pleasantly surprised when I noticed that with removing the clips I could take out the whole headlight unit. Have replaced the with Osram Nightbreaker Laser and although I have a serious question mark over their claims of brightness and distance, the pattern is now evenly spread so happy with that for now. But on the bendy West Sussex and East Sussex roads I still find the performance of halogen a bit challenging ..... and from what I read before here, LED is not road legal in the UK or the EU, right ?

As Volvo is particularly popular in the Netherlands, I managed to source 4 Camulus 18" alloys with Michelin Lattitude tyres with a lot of thread on it and also have Continental Winter Contact tyres on the Camulus set that is under the car right now. Costed roughly £180 so quite a steal !

If you need to source a second set of wheels, do give www.marktplaats.nl a go (equivalent to Gumtree) for all kinds of 17" and 18" wheels.

Further managed to source a great set of Thule roof bars so that is another box ticked.

Also got in contact with Marshalls in Bishops' Stortford who were quite willing to stamp my newly acquired service book with the 8 services they have performed already. Since the last service was in January 2018 at around 90K (car has now done 100K) I will go there and have the car serviced at the same time bringing 8 liters of Castrol Edge 0W30 which they are willing to put in.
Just wondering now if I can have the lights programmed to stay on after locking the car, what other functions can be programmed on the remote fobs ?

Last but not least, has anyone got an idea if this might work on my car ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360-Full-...g/401324029497

I have an engineering friend who is quite handy and hoping to ask him if this could be fit to the car, perhaps even taking away the need for the parking sensors ..... :-) Come to think of it, he might be able to help me fitting the loom and sensors or the wireless kit in the numberplate surround CondorXC90 recommended !

Find me on Instagram as SussexChineseDutch
AlainBrighton is offline   Reply With Quote