View Single Post
Old Jan 27th, 2020, 21:20   #26
AlainBrighton
A stranger from abroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CondorXC90 View Post
Parking sensors for the fronts need a loom and the volvo sensors - the loom attaches to the control box in the rear and the sensors into the bumper.
Definitely not worth over £800!!!

There are independent companies who will come to you to fit front sensors - google Dolphin parking sensors as an example - or just generally google front parking sensors xc90 and a number of such companies pop up. You could also buy a wireless set built into a numberplate surround for under £50 ......wiring is simple and no bumper cuts needed - will help your tight parking in Brighton albeit not perfect and not OEM.........

You could call FRF in Swansea and ask for a price for the loom and sensors and get a decent indy to fit them? worth checking out the pricing if you want the OEM front sensors
That is quite helpful and thank you so much for your input, Condor ! Not OEM is not a dealbreaker, not having front parking sensors would be. Will have to check with my local Volvo Indie if they are comfortable with this The wireless set in a numberplate surround sound just about right !

But just for my own understanding as me being a non-native English speaker is challenging at times: loom is a wiring loom ? Just 4 genuine Volvo parking sensors and they would then connect to the same system that works for the rear ones ?

Find me on Instagram as SussexChineseDutch
AlainBrighton is offline   Reply With Quote