View Single Post
Old Jan 2nd, 2021, 18:23   #12
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn440 View Post
Thanks David and Dave for your suggestions. It has crossed my mind to pour boiling water over the remnants of the rotor arm to try and heat up the sleeve to expand it so the rotor arm can be removed. I do not think this area has any delicate electronic components, but I would like to check on this before I try this approach.
David I have tried to reply to your PM but received the following bounce back
“Sorry, you can only send messages to the Administrators’ group until you have 30 posts".
Many thanks,
Martin
Unless you know for sure otherwise, it's safest to assume that all modern distributors have delicate components inside such as for example a Hall Effect sensor.

Also bear in mind the engine is at somewhere near 0C at the moment, 100C water from the kettle could easily cause a crack, whether immediate or the start of one so when it warms up - pop! Also if the heat-gun didn't shift it, i doubt boiling water would either, if anything because the plastic doesn't have the same sort of coefficient of expansion as the steel shaft it sits on, might even make it tighter!

The other option is a freezer spray on the end of the shaft. Give it a good long spray or several long ish bursts, wait a minute or so and then try shifting the plastic. Same idea but in reverse really.

As you only have 5 posts to your name currently :

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...t+count+bumped

Worth requesting to have your post count bumped.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote