View Single Post
Old Sep 16th, 2022, 19:36   #47
Trevor Storey

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhu View Post
Have just found this forum. My XC60 B5 petrol new in Feb 2021 has failed 4 times with the critical 12 volt battery problem in 5300 miles.
First time at approx 2000 miles and Volvo on call sent guy who had had this problem before and rebooted system by disconnecting power and leaving 20 mins and reconnected. Problem disappeared. Marshall’s at Peterborough had car for a day and could see no problem but updated software. Later in May same occurred in 3rd lane on M25 . Frightening!! Recovered to Volvo Watford who said it needed a replacement isgm (integrated starter generator motor). Had to come from Sweden so car was not ready for 9 days and was delivered back to me in Lincs.
In October my daughter-in-law had same fault near home while I was away on holiday. Approx 4700 on clock and my son tried it and it appeared to have cleared itself.
Yesterday same again at 5300 miles. Volvo on call sent fitter but by time he arrived the fault again cleared itself. He was arranging for it to be recovered to Marshalls but no one turned up( Friday afternoon?) The fitter had had other Volvo hybrids withe the same fault.
Can I ask if anyone has managed to reject one of this vehicles and get a replacement? Mine is leased so presumably the finance co is who to approach?
Hi Davidhu,
Is the car sorted now or did you get repeat issues.
Did you actually contact the leasing company - if so did you get anywhere ?
Mine is also leased and this problem started today.
I never had these problems with my 1965 Morris 1000 Van.
Trevor Storey is offline   Reply With Quote