Thread: XC70: Electrical - Adding Factory HID headlights
View Single Post
Old Nov 26th, 2021, 09:28   #11
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by apersson850 View Post
For a while I had an Xenon headlight assembly on one side, without the ABL function (the "look around the corner" function) available. It worked, but I got an indicator lamp lit all the time, to tell it wasn't working.
But I do have Xenon with ABL normally. The reason for this temporary fix was that my original headlamp was destroyed.

There's quite a difference in how useful the Xenon light is when you add ABL to the equation. I don't understand why you don't care about that - I'd say it's a valuable additional feature.

I've never had to try to change the config of any car - I bought mine with the equipment I sought after, but I've understood that you need to crack some PIN code in the car to do it.
The Volvo ABL lights, especially on the later (2015MY->) models are absolutely brilliant - the best factory headlights on any car I've driven.

My wife has a relatively new Golf with LED headlights that were an option costing over £1,000 and they Volvo ABL's on my 2015 XC60 are significantly better - both on dipped and main beam.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote