View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2021, 00:25   #28
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart bowes View Post
exactly, and it would be backed up by and before and after dyno so it's not just some little kid with a laptop going 'i'll chip your car innit bruv'

Also the original idea was the newer map is reportedly more efficient down the bottom end which I use a lot more, but I'm not entirely convinced

I still want to run it a while longer first to see if any other issues pop up or if I can get the numbers down in other ways

plus, there's a numberplate I've got my eye on for about £600 and tbh that's more appealing lol
Depends how much you want the extra power, but by the sounds of it, you don't use it much anyway with the driving you do. I don't think you'll gain much mpg from it though... if the power is there, you'll want to use it. I know the tendency wears off after a while, but what's the point in getting a remap adding extra power if you don't really use the 30bhp extra to its advantage? I know its claimed to be more efficient at the bottom end, but I'd like to see it to believe it.

You might as well keep the £400, or spend it on something else in my opinion. Its a 2.4L petrol engine in a 20 year old car... its not going to be by any means economical as is, never mind with a remap.

Get yourself the number plate instead, forget the remap.

Last edited by Kev0607; May 27th, 2021 at 00:30.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kev0607 For This Useful Post: