View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2021, 23:07   #24
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart bowes View Post
did a bit of A road driving to try and access all of the fuelling map and give it a chance to re-calculate

now showing
1 - 0.93
2 - 0.93
3 - 1.02
4 - 1.09
5 - 1.12

so not much change from previous

I did ask around about the 140-170 remap, and there's a place near me who will do it including dyno before and after for around £400 ... tbh that's a bit more than I was thinking

I'd have to see an improvement of 3-4mpg over a whole year to break even on that, but it might still be worth it for the extra oomph. on my map apparently bhp flattens off hard at around 4.5k (Which to be fair I can feel when I try to overtake) and the newer map pushes on past that to 6k or so which is where the extra 30bhp comes in.. the bottom end of curve looks nearly identical.. it is tempting I have to admit

this weeks mpg 21.5 but I have added roof bars, so keeping the same average is actually indicative of a slight improvement IMO. And although I did go on an A-road, let's just say I wasn't being economical
Remapping is good, but the more power you have, the more tendency you'll have to use it = less mpg.