View Single Post
Old Mar 12th, 2024, 20:17   #1
Merc85
Premier Member

Default Oldie back after years lol XC90 d5 2010 185

Good evening people i hope your all well,

We have a Volvo back in the family after many years! She is a xc90 D5 on a 2010 plate, covered 123k and has a Polstar map from Volvo from new.

We are having abit of a random issue, with the car going into reduced power mode "Engine system service required" message. this happens around every 300 miles or so and every time has been on a hill boosting from pulling out of a junction under load.

Trouble codes

18BO / swirl Actuator offset fault,
135F / mass air flow Sensor faulty signal
1507 / Turbo control. too low pressure

there is also a transmission code

0a31 Control module communitcation Signal missing from ECM

The 1st one i think is the Swirl flap rod is missing unsure how long as the car is new to me.

The car has Power restored if i stop and cycle the ignition but the message is still pressant obviously.

Checked for boost leaks and cannot see any, the lower intake pipe "plastic one" with orange seals to turbo was damp so ive tightened the clip as it was a little loose.

I decoked the EGR as it was chocker with carbon, now its all clean but the problem persists.

Ive a new Bosch maf on order and will get that Rod for the flaps fitted to and go from there.

HLM304, Forge unos 17.5psi at 3.8 bar, 18t, Me7 Manifold, Blues, Walbro, De-cat, Ported n Polished Head, 3" Dp stainlesss exhaust, Carbon Air intake, Polly Bushed thoughout.

Last edited by Merc85; Mar 12th, 2024 at 20:20.
Merc85 is offline   Reply With Quote