View Single Post
Old Sep 7th, 2021, 06:12   #13
Pupbelly

Question

Thanks guys so far I don’t have access to any fancy vacuum/pressure stuff to do the wastegate sadly, but will certainly attack the vacuum lines and see what that does and go from there. Is the TCV still a readily available part?
The turbo was rebuilt by a reputable company in the south west (Owen Developments) so I’d like to think the turbo should be ok although I am surprised the ropy vacuum lines are still being used. I say ropy, they may be ok but feel crumbly to the surface like rough sand paper, old rubber I guess.

Another query, which may or may not be relevant. The car appears to reach operating temperature really quickly or at least the gauge gets to half really quickly. It sits there and never moves however and the fans cut in if you allow it to. The top hose gets hot and I’ve put a new ‘green’ coolant cap on the expansion tank only because it had an original grey one. Coolant levels are fine but it seems to reach operating temperature quickly.

The paperwork shows it had a new thermostat and coolant last year when the cam belt was done. Any thoughts?? Does the temperature have links to the TCV i e holding back boost if it’s too hot?

With regards to the stage 0, it has new cambelt and tensioner, new plugs, leads last year, the oil and filter plus fuel filter were done last week so it’s pretty much had most stuff done.

The PCV was done last week but it still seems to smoke a little from the oil dip stick which is another head scratcher!!

Please keep all thoughts coming!!

Thanks in advance
Mark

Last edited by Pupbelly; Sep 7th, 2021 at 07:27.
Pupbelly is offline   Reply With Quote